Relive the history of Delhi and India’s Mughal emperors on this 4-hour tour of the Red Fort (Lal Qila). Walk the corridors of this majestic architecture and end it with the magnificent Sound and Light show. Enjoy an hour long music and illuminations extravaganza that tells the story of the city and this symbol of Mughal power. Admire the lights, projections, and lasers twinned with stirring music, special effects, and commentary, and see the Red Fort cast in radiant colors in the darkness. Your tour of the 17th-century UNESCO-listed Red Fort ends with a sense of awe and admiration.
What is included in the tour
- 60-minute Sound and Light Show at the Red Fort
- Transport by private vehicle
- English speaking private guide
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals and beverages
- Still/video camera fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- 1-hour Delhi Red Fort Sound and Light show
- Tour of the iconic Red Fort with your private guide
- Round-trip private AC transport
- We begin with your pickup from central Delhi hotel (select hotels only), and settle inside your private, air-conditioned vehicle.
- Then, pass through the bustling streets on route to the Red Fort, the UNESCO-listed fortress that’s an emblem of the city. Ringed by 1.2-mile (2-kilometer) sandstone walls and crowned by gateways and turrets, this massive complex was commissioned by Emperor Shah Jahan in 1638, at the height of India’s Mughal Empire, and took 10 years to build.
- On arrival, enter the iconic Red Fort with your private guide. Walk the long corridors and experience the grandeur of this massive and spectacular architecture.
- Settle in an outdoor seat and be swept up by the lights, music, and drama of the 1-hour Sound and Light show. Chart the story of Delhi and the Mughal Empire over 300 years through the booming commentary, and watch as video projections and imagery bring scenes from India’s history alive.
- When the show finishes, join in the applause and make your way back to your vehicle. Then, relax on your return ride to your hotel, where your experience ends.